How to become more popular on Litnet?
Litnet differs from other self-publishing platforms. Therefore, the promotion methods that are used on other platforms may not work here. So we tried to write down several tips on how to become more popular on Litnet.
We will give you several recommendations on the best ways of publishing your stories and managing your activities on Litnet. We will also try to explain why these recommendations are important. For those of you who are a bit lazy to read all the explanations, please read the conclusions immediately at the bottom :) Believe us, they may help you.
1. Small and irregular updates of your stories are ineffective. Why?
- Your story appears in the widget "Recently Updated" either during its first publication or after an update of approximately 3,500 words. More regular updates, more readers!
- Each reader who has the book in his or her personal library on Litnet receives a notification about the story update by the next several thousands of words.
- Many readers like reading stories in parts and eagerly wait for updates.
Don't forget that Litnet has an option of delayed publishing to make your life easier.
2. Readers prefer bigger stories to smaller ones.
- We attract new readers through advertising. New readers usually look for complete and big enough stories. If a reader sees a small ongoing story, he is more likely to ignore this story.
- Litnet moderators regularly check which books can be promoted on Facebook. Promotion of small stories is usually not effective.
3. Book covers are very important. Even a wonderfully written story will lose its potential readers if it has an unremarkable cover. Also, keep in mind that readers may browse Litnet from their mobile devices. So the titles on the covers have to be big and readable enough.
If you need a cover, you may try to look for specialists who will do it for you, or try to do it by yourself. There are many good services that allow you to do it for free. One of them is Canva (canva.com). Don't forget about the copyrights on the pictures you use.
4. You probably have already noticed the "Follow" button on the author's page. Readers and followers are essential for the success on Litnet. It is a mistake when an author publishes only one book on Litnet, does not pay attention to own author page and to the number of followers, doesn't answer on comments, and doesn't write blogs.
5. When a reader starts following an author, he or she receives not only notifications about new stories, but also about new blog posts. So, you can use Litnet blogs as a social network to communicate with your readers.
6. A story that has been added to libraries by many readers is more likely to be found in the widget "You might also like" on the Library page. Therefore, you should try to invite your readers from other websites or your social networks to read your story, and suggest that they add your book to their libraries and follow you.
Here are the tips again:
1. Make regular and big enough updates of your stories.
2. Keep in mind that readers prefer to read longer stories.
3. Pay attention to a story cover. Try to make it beautiful and readable.
4. Be active and engage with readers.
5. Use blogs on Litnet to communicate with your readers.
6. Persuade readers to add your stories to their personal libraries.
We hope you haven't got tired. Our Spanish and Russian versions of Litnet has already tens of thousands of authors and millions of readers. We are sure that the English version will achieve this result in the near future. Your success is our success, so we want you to become popular. Thanks for your attention :)