Font size: - +
We have started a book club, of sorts, in THE WRITERS CLUB called the Book Nook. Where each week we will select one book from a group of stories that you suggest to read and discuss them at the end of the week.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Moderator Goodness will make a post each Monday requesting books to be submitted by you, the writers of THE WRITERS CLUB, that you would like read.
1. You can offer up one book only
2. You can suggest your own book or someone else's
3. Book suggested must have at least 5 chapters posted.
4. You should attach a link to the book so it can be easily found in the post
LOOK FOR THE POST THAT HAS THE SAME PICTURE AS THE COVER OF THIS BOOK.
HOW IS A BOOK CHOSEN FROM THE LIST?
The book is chosen at random by our Moderators Anna R. Case and Goodness.
Once a book has been chosen a second post by Moderator Anna R. Case will be made telling you what book has been chosen and asking those that wish to be readers to sign up for that week’s reading.
WHAT MY COMMITMENT AS A READER?
If you choose to participate you are agreeing to:
Read a minimum - the first five chapters of the book. You, of course, can read more if you wish but the commitment for the sake of discussion will be five chapters only.
To LIKE the book- if you are reading you agree to give the book a LIKE
To discuss the book - To come back on Saturday to THE WRITERS CLUB and discuss the story in a designated post by Goodness
Feel free to leave comments on the story as well but the book will be discussed in the comment of the Post in THE WRITERS CLUB on Saturday of each week. That post will close at the end of Sunday to give you all a chance to respond since we cover the globe as far as time zones.
WHAT IS MY COMMITMENT AS AN AUTHOR?
If your book is chosen you agree as the Author to comment and answer questions about your book on the days the book is discussed. (Saturday and Sunday)
The cycle will begin again the following Monday. So, don’t feel so bad if your book is not chosen as there are 52 weeks in a year so, 52 books will have the chance to be read and discussed. Perhaps, next time it will be yours...
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF HAVING YOUR BOOK CHOSEN?
What is in it for the Author?
Well, first your book will be read and liked by each group of readers and second, for your participation, we will reward you with our own personal thank you by giving the author a Silver Feather, a litnet reward.
Last but not least, you will get your book discussed, getting some honest feedback on your story from your fellow group members.
So remember, if you would like to participate in the BOOK NOOK:
- Be sure to FOLLOW and LIKE litnet Authors page
- Be certain you accept your invite into THE WRITERS CLUB
- Look for the post by Goodness each Monday
- Post the link to your book or one of your favorites from another author
- On Monday, keep an eye out for the second post by Anna R. Case telling you which book has been chosen, and sign up to be a reader.
- Read your 5 chapters and LIKE the story.
- Meet back at THE WRITERS CLUB on Saturday and look for the post by Goodness to begin the discussion about the book. You will have 2 days to post your review or questions- Saturday & Sunday.
Reviews, Questions and Answers for the Author, will be compiled here for you to read. Thank you for your interest in the BOOK NOOK and happy reading.
- litnet Authors